Travelling mums

Jes 2 Comments

I have resumed my travels for work.


Being a Full Time Working Mum (FTWM) poses a different set of challenges. You worry about leaving your children with the correct people. You know that nobody will take care of your children as good as you. You try your best to spend more time with them after working hours. You feel guilty for going away and not giving them the unlimited attention. After all, the first few years are the most critical when the baby really needs you and most people regretted not spending more time during this phase.

As I mentioned previously, I would rather work than take care of my baby for 24 hours.

I have it worse than normal FTWM as I have to travel overseas regularly. I would be away for a few days at a time, not being able to see my baby every day. Of course, it is also tougher for my husband as we do not have a maid. Luckily, he is a hands on daddy and thankfully, he is one of the few husbands who could manage a baby alone.

It's been almost 1 year since my last trip and I am feeling jittery and worried. Will everything be ok? That's what mothers do, we worry and sometimes, unnecessarily. The dynamics have changed and I am a different person now. I am more concerned over my own safety as I know someone is dependent on me. I take special care of myself and am less bothered over lack of sleep because I have pulled through worse. I do not mind unearthly hours travelling if I could spend one more night with my family.

I know there are mothers who hate working and would rather stay home. I am not one of them and I am not going to feel bad about it. I am also not making myself guilty for having time away from my child. I enjoyed my long, uninterrupted sleep, peace and quiet, more than I thought. I think mothers should not torture themselves and try to make the most out of things that you cannot change. We can still have a life while being a parent.

Life is tougher now but I know it's worth it and most importantly, I am happy. 

Jes

If you have benefited from this post, support our first business venture at snackfirst.com or like us on Facebook!

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.